Sunday, 22nd October 2017
news Got a story? We pay $$$ |Email:editor@zimdaily.com

I should have accepted Jesus Christ earlier – Peter Ndlovu

I should have accepted  Jesus Christ earlier – Peter Ndlovu

Peter Ndlovu mourning the loss his brother Adam Ndlovu

By
Published: 1 June 2014

HARARE - Former Zimbabwe captain Peter Ndlovu says he could have led the Warriors to the World Cup if he had accepted God earlier in his life.

As Warriors captain, Ndlovu led the team to qualify for two Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) finals in 2004 and 2006.

Under the guidance of the speed merchant, Zimbabwe narrowly missed on qualifying for the 2006 World Cup in Germany when they finished third in Group Four only three points behind pool winners Angola.

Ndlovu, who has given tabloid headline writers plenty of fodder with his off-field antics, feels he could have been a better Warriors captain if he had accepted the Almighty sooner in his career.

The former Coventry and Birmingham winger bared his soul on Robert Marawa’s show on Metro FM in South Africa on Friday night.

Ndlovu decided to turn to Christ after he was involved in a tragic accident that killed his elder brother Adam and a female companion, Nomcebo Tshili near Victoria Falls in December 2012.

“If I had known God in my career, I would have been a better Peter Ndlovu and with Zimbabwe being led by a God fearing captain we could have played up to the World Cup,” said Ndlovu.

The horror crash left Ndlovu with two fractured legs but the Warriors legend has fully recovered from the injury and he is now the team manager of South African Absa Premiership champions Mamelodi Sundowns.

During the radio interview, Ndlovu, who is the highest capped Zimbabwean with 100 caps and 38 goals, went down memory lane to talk about his days when he was signed by English club Coventry when he was only 16 years old.

The teenage Ndlovu scored the winner against Arsenal at Highbury on his Coventry debut in August 1991 to set the tone for the rest of his career with the Sky Blues.

“To me that was the beginning; it was the emergence of Peter Nldovu when I scored that goal against Arsenal,” Ndlovu recalled.

“When Coventry signed me, John Sillett said we are signing a gem and they threw me into the first team straight away.

“To me it was just playing football and I grabbed my opportunity with both hands.”

After he scored that goal a number of clubs including Arsenal came knocking on Coventry’s door to inquire about the teenage sensation but the Sky Blues refused to budge and offered Ndlovu an improved contract.

“At Coventry I had a good manager in Bobby Gould. He was like a father to me and he said to me, ‘there we go a lot of teams want you,’ but I said ‘I belong to Coventry’,” said Ndlovu.

“I have just signed a contract here and I don’t want to go anywhere. To me I didn’t see a point for me going away when I had just arrived and scored a goal at the club.

“That was only the beginning of my career. As time went on there were plenty of other offers but I stuck with Coventry because they gave me my first professional contract.”

Ndlovu revealed the details of his first professional deal he signed with the Sky Blues.

“I was only concerned with playing at that time and I can tell you my first pay at Coventry,” he said.

“My first salary at Coventry was £800 per week but after two weeks they called me into the office and say they were going to change my contract because sum other clubs were increase their interest in me.

“After that they improved my contract immensely within two weeks of me scoring that winner at Highbury.

“I can tell you that they improved my salary by more than 10 times. When you play well you deserve to get that kind of money.”

Ndlovu went on to make 197 appearances for the Sky Blues in the English Premiership scoring 39 goals between 1991 and 1997.

He then moved to Birmingham where he cloaked up 109 appearances and 23 goals in five years.

In England, Ndlovu also played for Sheffield United and Huddersfield Town before coming back to South Africa in 2004 to join Abafana be Style.

The Zimbabwean has the record of the African with highest number of years playing top flight football in England after he spent 13 years in that country. Daily News

Posted by: teflon chest

Simply the best,whatever happened we love you Nsukuzonke.

Posted by: matt

we all fall short of grace big bro…. its never too late

Posted by: libertyatliberty

Do not worry everyone likes you.You will never be alone.You done a lot for Zimbabwe.

Njabulo[impartial] ;

The hot issue of
language teaching(that teachers who cannot speak local languages should not be allowed
to teach in a particular Region(s)

This would create regionalism. This now amounts to discrimination. It amounts
to the breach of the human rights of the teachers in question. The system has
been functioning well for all the past years. People should put aside the issue
of language. Any teacher who is qualified can teach any language if help is
rendered to them by their colleagues. In all schools there is collegiality, so
this is plausible. Any trained teacher if given the opportunity, they can learn
to teach the language in question, if they are continuously helped by their
work mates. It has always been the case in the past. Even in other
jurisdictions is the same thing ,that is in South Africa. They can be assisted
instead of turning them away. This will create divisions in the country. The
government should continue with the previous policy of deploying teachers. The
system has been functioning well. The country should not be divided into
language provinces. Zimbabwe is one country and everyone has the right to work
in any part of Zimbabwe. These same people who are pushing for this type of
recruitment will in turn complain in time to come that there are in equalities
entrenched in the government system .Why? This is because in Harare they would
want to employ someone who is proficient in Shona so that they can deal effectively
with the problems of the people in Harare. Conversely, in Matabeleland they
would only employ people who speak Ndebele. That is ,they would follow a
parallel behaviour. One needs to be very careful in embracing such an
unreasonable and unsound policy. This will only polarise the country. The
government has to stop this idea as soon as possible. And make it compulsory
for the Ministry of government to deploy teachers were there is a need. I am
sure all people of sound mind will agree with this idea. Some changes are unnecessary
.They only create problems or reawaken problems of the past.Everyone needs to
ponder over this issue. Everyone needs to scrutinize this carefully and think
of the repercussions that it may breed. ‘One Zimbabwe , one nation’. The
possible long term solution is to encourage teachers to learn both main
languages or all languages spoken in Zimbabwe. The
teachers’ Colleges can have people employed on temporal bases to come and teach
the other languages during the course of teacher training.

Njabulo[impartial]

Posted by: libertyatliberty

Njabulo[impartial] ;

The hot issue of

language teaching(that teachers who cannot speak local languages should not be
allowed

to teach in a particular Region(s)

This would create regionalism. This now amounts
to discrimination. It amounts

to the breach of the human rights of the teachers in question. The system has

been functioning well for all the past years. People should put aside the issue

of language. Any teacher who is qualified can teach any language if help is

rendered to them by their colleagues. In all schools there is collegiality, so

this is plausible. Any trained teacher if given the opportunity, they can learn

to teach the language in question, if they are continuously helped by their

work mates. It has always been the case in the past. Even in other

jurisdictions is the same thing ,that is in South Africa. They can be assisted

instead of turning them away. This will create divisions in the country. The

government should continue with the previous policy of deploying teachers. The

system has been functioning well. The country should not be divided into

language provinces. Zimbabwe is one country and everyone has the right to work

in any part of Zimbabwe. These same people who are pushing for this type of

recruitment will in turn complain in time to come that there are inequalities

entrenched in the government and its governance system .Why? This is because in
Harare they would

want to employ someone who is proficient in Shona so that they can deal
effectively

with the problems of the people in Harare. Conversely, in Matabeleland they

would only employ people who speak Ndebele. That is ,they would follow a

parallel behaviour. One needs to be very careful in embracing such an

unreasonable and unsound policy. This will only polarise the country. The

government has to stop this idea as soon as possible. And make it compulsory

for the Ministry of Education to deploy teachers were there is a need. I am

sure all people of sound mind will agree with this idea. Some changes are
unnecessary

.They only create problems or reawaken problems of the past.Everyone needs to

ponder over this issue. Everyone needs to scrutinize this carefully and think

of the repercussions that it may breed. ‘One Zimbabwe , one nation’. The

possible long term solution is to encourage teachers to learn both main

languages or all languages spoken in Zimbabwe. The

teachers’ Colleges can have people employed on temporal bases to come and teach

the other languages during the course of teacher training.

Njabulo[impartial]

Posted by: Jyothsna

Oct26 Hey Mary,I do admire what you are doing and I am sure Zimbabwe will beinfet alot. I wish there can be alot more people with your spirit for Africa. I currently am involved in my own project getting women to empower themselves economically by starting their own businesses. I provide them with the innovative anion product which improves their health and financial situation. I am proud of you and hope to meet you some time in the Hague

Posted by: http://www.wisspurrs.com/

Enpä ole lähettänyt, enkä lähetä, koska en ole toimittaja ja teksti on parhaimillaankin tökerö. Mutta innolla seuraan miten lähtee leviämään venäläisessä sosiaalisessa mediassa, jos lähtee :)

Posted by: http://www.katie-mcmanus.com/

Heeeuu Andre!Via de piloot met zn tweeen.Ik zou best eens durven meegaan.Als je nog eens gaat, laat het me maar weten.Groetjes Leo

Posted by: http://www.katie-mcmanus.com/

sei straordianaria quando racconti la quotidianitá…altro che feste martini…che non ci vuole fegato e tutti sono capaci di descrivere. E' nel piccolo quotidiano che l'iperealismo del tuo blog brilla di piú. baci, sabina

Posted by: http://lapiluleduweekend.men/

Halo. Boleh mbak tinggalkan nomor HP mbak atau alamat e-mail. Nanti salah satu dokter kami akan segera menghubungi.Atau, mbak juga bisa hubungi kami di 089601779199 / PIN BB 21B905F5.

Posted by: Refugio Lezak

You completed various good points there. I did a search on the issue and found a good number of folks will go along with with your blog.

Posted by: Emma Mailman