Sunday, 22nd October 2017
news Got a story? We pay $$$ |Email:editor@zimdaily.com

Robert Mugabe Falls Down Steps

Robert Mugabe Falls Down Steps

By
Published: 4 February 2015

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe, 90, fell down steps from a podium after speaking to supporters upon his return from Ethiopia, say witnesses.

Mugabe appeared to miss a step and toppled when he left the raised lectern at the airport Wednesday afternoon, according to several witnesses, who insisted on anonymity because of security concerns.

His aides quickly helped him up and escorted him to his limousine which sped away, they said.

“He addressed supporters who welcomed him … He missed a step as he walked down from the podium and immediately fell down,” said a witness.

Some press photographers who captured the fall said they were forced to delete their pictures by security personnel.

Mugabe’s spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

Mugabe was elected chairman of the 54-nation African Union at a summit of African leaders on Jan. 30 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The role of rotating AU chairman is largely ceremonial.

He celebrates his 91st birthday on February 21. Mugabe takes annual vacations every January to Asia, including Singapore where he has visited specialists for checkups on his eyes, according to Zimbabwean officials. The Zimbabwean leader has repeatedly insisted that he is “fit as two fiddles.”

Zimbabwe, a once-prosperous nation of 13 million people in southern Africa, has struggled since Mugabe’s government began seizing white-owned farms in 2000. Mugabe is accused of using widespread violence to win several disputed elections, according to human rights groups. The country suffered hyperinflation until it abandoned its currency for the U.S. dollar in 2009.

mug5

The EU imposed sanctions on Zimbabwe in 2002 over abuses linked to national elections, banning travel in Europe and freezing the assets of dozens of officials and business representatives. The measures have been gradually lifted in recent years to encourage reform but Mugabe and his wife Grace remain on the EU blacklist.

Mugabe

Now that Mugabe is the head of the African Union, the European Union has decided to ease its travel ban on him while he is chairman for the next year.

Posted by: Rombe

Are the steps ok??

Posted by: Takesure

Is the carpet ok please?

Posted by: King George

Everyone can fall, isn't it natural?

Posted by: Tongo Gamba

Uri dununu nhai. It’s not just about this old buffoon failing that is the story here, but rather that it’s obvious the fall was due to his weak legs not being able to support his body without a walking stick. Frankly I think its high time he does something about his age, like dying

Posted by: Joice

If his legs cannot sustain him, am sure his brain cant to. Its time he calls it quits!

Posted by: MBD

people the man is old he needs support y didn't those guys catch him. the president is down he will rise.

Posted by: Bhule Murugani

pamwe ndi Teurai

Posted by: Mai Mujuru

The fall of a dictator! yes its news!

Posted by: phiri

he is now too old to walk on his own

Posted by: HAPPY

AU, SADC, PRESIDENT, CHANCELLOR OF MORE THAN 20 UNIVERSITIES,FATHER OF VERY YOUNG CHILDREN,HUSBAND OF A 51 YEAR LADY AND FINALLY A 91 YEAR OLD FOOTBALL PLAYER

Posted by: juliegrace

This is one of the best resources I have seen in a long time. Posted to our non-fiction marketing blog, letting them know to substitute book sales for traffic. While it is great for blog traffic, the ideas work beyond blogging for writing book descriptions or sales pages also. Thank you for putting this together!I really impress your work and Learning a lot from your nice post would mean a lot for me.Your way to enlighten everything on this blog is actually pleasant, everyone manage to efficiently be familiar with it..??

Posted by: totpenzilla

Its a great one and also a beautifully crafted one. looking forward for more from this website.I read all of article of the site the article was very nice go and check it out!Asking questions are truly good thing if you are not understanding something fully, except this article presents pleasant understanding yet.

Posted by: FlaviaMichael

Awesome work to my dear princess,i m the visitor of your site,I Read All Of Article of The Site The Article Was very Nice,I Am Sharing The Best Status and love Site You Will Shocked After Check The Article!!

Posted by: FrankSms

I am Julie grace I Am A Blogger But Since 4 Year Back I Am Working On My Own Site The Features Of Website Is That Here You Can Find Many Type Of Article Which Based On Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, Status, Facebook Status, Whatsapp Status, Different Language Status, And Many More Things Are Here Please Check The link Below.I Am Guaranteed That You Loved It.

Posted by: Good News

Hello Guys I Love To Do work on site I Am A Professional SEO Optimizer I And I Am Also A Social Server I Work To Do For Those people Who Are Indeed And On That Basis I Am Starting Some new Work For My Beloved Friend Also You So Lets Come And Check What We Have I Have A Sites Withs Lots Of SMS,Ramadan Sms,Messages,Quotes, And Wishes and All type of status for whatsapp and facebook and amny more things are here You Can Check The Link Below.

Posted by: Invitation

HI I am Sharing the Best Status,Wishes,Quotes And Many more things check it now you will enjoy.

Posted by: statusshuffles

nice work

Posted by: wishesplanet

Good work I really impress your work

Posted by: Valentine Day Wishes

we have all types of wishes like anniversary,birthday and many more things check it now.

Posted by: Effective Antivirus

What Would If I Tell You The Goosebumps News To Make The Stronger Page Load More Faster Then Other Pages Only The Technique Which Designed On The Other Level Of JavaScript pennant that anybody is aware of that looks as decent, is XML-driven, and really exploits parallel downloads, please let me know. I decided to pre-stack the cluster of 1200px pictures that show up in our Flash display to exploit parallel downloads, which our Flash flag of decision doesn't exploit. Aside from that however, in the chrome Backups, New tab we will sit tight here just for you.

Leave Comment