(Last Updated on March 23, 2022 by zimdaily)
HARARE – Joina City Centre Management has finally released a statement after the fire incident that took place yesterday evening. Joina City shopping mall last night caught fire but the fire was swiftly put out by security guards before it spread. In a statement, the management of Joina City explained in detail how the fire started and how it was immediately contained. The fire is said to have started at around 7 PM in a kitchen in one of the restaurants located on the first floor.
There was no significant damage as the fire was quickly put out by water from sprinklers and the fire brigade before it had spread.
Source published the statement in its entirety;
We would like to inform all our stakeholders that a fire broke out at Joina City. It started in the kitchen of one of our restaurants on the first floor at 1900hrs on the 22nd of March 2022. Our security team called in the fire brigade who attended the incident and put out the fire in a short time. The fire which was coming out on the third-floor deck was coming out of the restaurant’s extractor fan. The damage was confined to the restaurant’s kitchen only. The sprinklers in the shop were activated and helped confine the fire to the kitchen. The damage was minimal and other tenants might have been affected by the water from the sprinklers and the fire brigade water. We would like to thank all stakeholders for the prompt response in assisting us to put out this fire. To all our customers, it is business as usual as all facilities are functional. We are humbled by the number of calls we received from all over the world regarding this incident and we would like to thank you for your prayers and concerns.