(Last Updated on February 2, 2021 by GERALD NCUBE)
PRETORIA – President Cyril Ramaphosa yesterday announced a new less restrictive level three national lockdown which included lifting the ban on alcohol sale and reopening of beaches among other measures.
Here is a summary of the speech delivered yesterday by the South African President in relation to the lockdown:
- Curfew is now 11pm to 4am.
- Restaurants can stay open untill 10pm
- Church gathering is now allowed.
Max 50 people indoor and Max 100 people outdoor.
- Public places like beaches, rivers, swimming pools are all allowed to re-open.
- Alcohol for sale 10 am to 6pm every day from Monday to Thursday for off site consumption.
- Sale of alcohol for on site consumption at restaurants 10am to 10pm permitted.
- Large gathering is still not permitted.
- Funerals max 50 people.
- Everybody MUST wear a mask in a public place.
- Isolate if you have the virus and avoid indoor gatherings.
- Vaccination will be allowed for everybody regardless of their residence status..
- Getting vaccinated will be voluntary.
*NO ONE WILL BE FORCED TO VACCINATE.