(Last Updated on January 27, 2021 by GERALD NCUBE)
FC Platinum nourish the squad with experience and potential
FC Platinum have taken the window period to sign experienced Donald Ngoma and young defender Blessing Moyo.
The latter last played for Real Kings NFD (South Africa) while Ngoma last played for Azam FC.
The signing of front man Ngoma will come as a gamble considering his age hence fitness levels will be lower.
However it is without doubt he will be a big threat in the box as well as a great asset to nature the young forwards within the squad.
The aspiring defender, Moyo has not hit the highs as anticipated but a chance with the Champions at big stages will come as a push factor.
On the other end, his experience from the South African outfit will definitely be a much needed factor within the squad to bring diversity and experience in the Confederations Cup.
FC Platinum are among the elite sporting teams to have been awarded the pass to take part in their respective tournaments by the Sports and Recreation Commission.
The Champions will be looking to dust off from the defeat to Simba SC and go on a winning streak in the CAF Confederations Cup.
English Premier League stiffer than ever.
This is arguably the best League in the world, with big money signings, world class players and coaches, it now holds the toughest run to victory.
The Premier League has now had six different log leaders in a single season after five star Manchester City beat West Bromwich Albion 5-0. The Citizens have been in cruise control having conceded less than three goals in the last 11 matches in all competitions.
Their neighbours will play struggling Sheffield tonight and after a victory against Liverpool in the FA Cup, Manchester United will be marginally motivated to get back at the summit. David Moyes last night led West Ham into the top Four after more than two decades.
A victory against Crystal Palace saw them leap ahead of three giants including Liverpool. Even though they may be there for less than 24 hours, the big move into top four shows just the small margins separating the top 8 teams. Considering the just sacked Frank Lampard once led the log with Chelsea will rest assure the fans the league is far from being won.
A defeat or victory will change the whole narrative in a matter of seconds. The best season yet is only halfway through.
- Arsenal resurgence continues on a smooth path with a win against Southampton taking them 10 points within the leaders Manchester City.
- Odion Ighalo sends heart-warming farewell to Manchester United Family, “Once a Red, always a Red”.
- Simba SC sign Highlanders Vice-Captain Peter Muduhwa on a six months loan deal.
- Intriguing Milan derby as Zlatan is sent off after scoring a goal later equalled by Lukaku from the spot. Eriksen was subbed on and scored a wonder free kick to give Inter Milan the upper hand in the Italian Cup.
- Sports and Recreation Commission gives passage to multiple teams to practice and tour.
- Mamelodi Sundowns owner, Patrice Motsepe and Mauritania’s Ahmed Yahya have been cleared to run for the Confederation of African Football presidency.