(Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by GERALD NCUBE)
Stubborn Liverpool Denies Manchester City A Fifth Goal.
Liverpool were 4-1 victims to Manchester City as the reigning champions were defeated at home for the third consecutive time in the league since 1963.
The Citizens were awarded a first half penalty which was hit over bar by Ikay Gundogan. It took a winner’s character in the second half as Man City broke the deadlock while Liverpool only managed to equalise before their opponents cruised to victory. Man City took advantage of school boy errors by Liverpool’s goalkeeper to score two through Gundogan and Sterling before Phil Foden sealed it.
Despite buying two Central defenders in the January window, Jurgen Klopp played two mid-fielders as central defenders raising questions over their eligibility at top flight football.
Liverpool looks less than defending champions with question marks over their mental fitness and tactics.
With a win over the champions, the blues from Manchester are now 5 points clear off their neighbours who sit in second position.
ZTN breaks ground with big Laliga broadcasting.
Zimpapers Television Network made history over the weekend as they became an official La Liga broadcasting partner from Zimbabwe.
ZTN broadcasted its first match from the Spanish top League between Elche FC and Villarreal which ended 2-2. The move by the television network has been greatly welcomed as football lovers across the nation embrace the possibility of watching one of the biggest leagues in Europe which hosts stars like Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez at cut prices.
The network is one of six stations recently licensed last November to operate digital terrestrial television by the Broadcasting Authority of Zimbabwe.
The wait is however still on relating to how the audience will access the television channels as they are currently only accessible online thereby proving to be more expensive to stream than Multi-choice.
ZTN has made a much needed stride in the television sector as this will promote the broadcasting of local football thereby creating revenue in all sectors.
- Nakamba was highly praised by Manager Dean Smith after another fantastic performance posting six (most) tackles and 32 touches as Aston Villa saw off Arsenal.
- Tom Brady wins seventh Super Bowl at the age of 43 with Tampa Bay Buccaneers. (Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-9 Kansas City Chiefs).
- Ibrahimovic scores 500th career goal.
- West Indies seal victory against Bangladesh as debutant Kyle Mayers hit 210 not out.
- England is in the driving seat against India as India trail by 321 runs with four wickets in hand.
- Pitso Mosimane’s Al Ahly face Bayern Munich in club world cup semi-final today.
- Morocco retained the CHAN title after seeing of Mali 2-0 in the final.
English Premier League (EPL).
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
- Burnley 1-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
- Newcastle 3-2 Southampton
- Fulham 0-0 West Ham
- Man Utd 3-3 Everton
- Tottenham 2-0 West Bromwich
- Wolves 0-0 Leicester
- Liverpool 1-4 Man City
- Sheffield United 1-2 Chelsea
Spanish Premier League (La Liga).
- Alaves 1-0 Valladolid
- Levante 2-2 Granada
- Huesca 1-2 Real Madrid
- Elche 2-2 Villarreal
- Sevilla 3-0 Getafe
- Real Sociedad 4-1 Cadiz
- Athletic Club 1-1 Valencia
- Osasuna 2-1 Eibar
- Real Betis 2-3 Barcelona