(Last Updated on February 15, 2021 by GERALD NCUBE)
Kwangwa shines for Surrrey Storm.
Felisitus Kwangwa has settled in well to life with Surrey Storm after featuring in a 40-42 derby win over London Pulse. The Zimbabwean Gems skipper has shown great work ethic and winning spirit to help the Storm keep a solid defence. Despite failing to make it a weekend double after losing 41-53 to Saracens Mavericks, the shot stopper received great praise after a star display. The Surrey Storm continue to eye the possibility of hitting the highs again and a seasoned Kwangwa will help prove the difference with her versatility to play in various positions. The Gems will be looking to marginally benefit from the experience and exposure that will come with the skipper playing in one of the biggest Netball leagues while fans have already started name-checking Kwangwa for the coaching position in the near future.
Olympics prospect breaks yet another record.
It was a weekend to remember as Zimbabwean triple jump sensation Chengetayi ‘DU’ Mapaya broke his previous best jump to record yet another indoor record now ranked 7th in the world. The young jumper who has spoken of the desire to participate in the upcoming Olympics is yielding the results of hard work, “My goal remains as it has always been, and that is to qualify for the Olympics”. Surely as the legend’s saying goes, ‘people are rewarded in public for the hard work they do in private’, Mapaya who is also known as ‘DU’ (do things) will be eager to live up to the expectations of his name and raise the Texas and Zimbabwean flag high.
- Emmaculate Msipa was introduced as a substitute in her debut for CF Joventut in a 1-0 defeat to Alhama.
- Marshall Munetsi played exceptionally for Stade De Reims in a 1-1 draw with Racing Club Lens.
- U/20 AFCON- young Warriors warm up match versus Mauritania’s seniors national team ends 1-1.
- Kohli and Ashwin take India’s lead towards 400 mark against England.
- Bayern to sign Upamecano as deal has been agreed.
- Man Utd drop points after coming back to a 1-1 draw against West Brom
- Man City and Leicester claim Maximum points with wins over Tottenham and Liverpool respectively.
- Man City v Everton game in hand to be played on Wednesday.
- West Brom 1-1 Man Utd
- Man City 3-0 Tottenham
- Leicester 3-1 Liverpool
- Brighton 0-0 Aston Villa
- Arsenal 4-2 Leeds United
- Southampton 1-2 Wolves
- Everton 0-2 Fulham
- Granada 1-2 Atletico Madrid
- Celta Vigo 3-1 Elche
- Sevilla 1-0 Huesca
- Eibar 1-1 Valladoid
- Barcelona 5-1 Alaves
- Getafe 0-1 Real Sociedad
- Real Madrid 2-0 Valencia
- Levante 0-1 Osasuna
- Villarreal 1-2 Real Betis