(Last Updated on April 5, 2021 by GERALD NCUBE)
Tuchel Gets The Bitter Taste Of England
West Bromwich Albion got the better of Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea in a quest to survive relegation with a 5-2 victory.
The defeat may have been inevitable after losing Thiago Silva for a red card but with a marginal squad depth, Chelsea could have salvaged a point.
West Brom will be looking to pick up from the ruthless win to go on a winning streak if they are to survive relegation.
Tuchel faced his first defeat and the comeback will be of importance as a test of team management after managing to stabilise the ship.
The defeat, however, left the door for a top four finish wide open for many horses and the biggest kick will help cross the line.
West Ham have had a good season and with a game tonight, Moyes will be bracing to claim all three points to go one clear off Chelsea with Liverpool, Everton and and Tottenham well in the mix.
As the Premier has reached the final stretch on both ends of the table, a single game will be enough to change a whole narrative.
- Man City continue to cruise for League title with a 2-0 win over Leicester City.
- Man Utd opened a 4 point gap ahead of Leicester after another 2-1 comeback victory over Brighton and Hove.
- Athletico slip again with a 1-0 loss to Sevilla and to leave title hopes out of their hands.
- Mino Raiola meets Barca and Real Madrid about Haaland. Dortmund willing to sell for 150m Euros plus.
- NBA star, Lebron James and his business partners will become part of Liverpool’s FSG ownership group after new investment.
- Man Utd eyeing Jules Kounde as a centre back option but unwilling to meet Sevilla’s 80m Euros price tag.
- South African Football Association parted ways with head coach Molefi Ntseki after failing to qualify for AFCON.
- Sergio Aguero eager for a Premier League stay but will make decision at the end of the season.
- Zimbabwe continues to produce the finest as Nkana FC host 5 Zimbabwean players on their books.
- Liverpool are interested in Ibrahima Konate. Talks on going on personal terms.
- Zimbabwe Cricket will host Pakistan in April-May for two test matches and three T20 international games.